Office of the State Government of Styria, Dept. 16 – State Planning and Regional Development
Abbreviated name: STYRIA
Address: Stempfergasse 7, 8010 Graz, Austria
Web site: www.raumplanung.steiermark.at
About the organisation:
Within the regional government authority of Styria, the Department 16 is responsible for the fields of
- Spatial planning (on the level of the state and the regions);
- Regional development (especially EU Structural Funds’ programmes as »Regional Competitiveness«, »European Territorial Cooperation« and LEADER); as well as of
- Associated technical foundations; and
- Cooperation of communities.
Organisation role in the NATREG project:
Within NATREG Styria is responsible for regional, interregional and cross border development strategies by creating connections (ecological corridors) between protected areas (parts of WP3 and WP 5).
Activities or tasks in the Project:
- Development of strategies to set up a »green network« (ecological corridors) on regional scale;
- Communication and motivation with experts and relevant stakeholders;
- Preparation of measures in the field of spatial planning to set up the »green network«.
Mr. Martin WIESER
Role / Position in the project: Project manager
Telephone No: +43 316 877 4317
Fax No: +43 316 877 3711