Javno preduzeće »Vojvodinašume«
State Enterprise »Vojvodinašume«
Abbreviated name: PE »Vojvodinasume«
Address: Preradoviceva 2, 21 131 Petrovaradin, Serbia
Web site: www.vojvodinasume.rs
About the organisation:
Public Enterprise (PE) »Vojvodinasume«, established in 2002, is a forest management company. The enterprise manages 129,877.84 ha of forests and forestry land within the territory of the Vojvodina province. It integrates administrative and managerial functions as well as functions related to commercial production in forestry, hunting and other domains.
PE »Vojvodinasume« has FSC certificate SGS-FM/CoC-005064.
PE »Vojvodinasume« also manages 16 protected areas and is a user of 7 protected areas.
The enterprise has 1780 employees and a variable number of seasonal workers.
Organisation role in the NATREG project:
Within the NATREG project, an integrated management plan for nature reserve »Deliblato sand« will be prepared as an example of good practice and learning experience. »Deliblato sand« is a vast area shared by many stakeholders not familiar with participatory planning methods. Therefore, it is expected that many efforts and means will have to be engaged to elaborate a useful and applicable integrated management plan. Activities in the Project:
- Strengthening of cooperation, transfer of knowledge and experience between relevant institutions and authorities;
- Creation of conditions for promotional and educational activities related to nature conservation and the protected area;
- Awareness raising on the importance of natural resources and biodiversity with the possibility of sustainable use;
- Encouraging stakeholder involvement;
- Capacity building (material and human) related to nature conservation and tourism on the local level.
Mr. Miljan Velojić
Role / Position in the project:
Telephone No: +381 21 6432488, +381 63 591378 (mobile)
Fax No: +381 21 6433 139
Other project team members:
Marijus Oldja, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ivana Grujicic, email@example.com
Aranka Dobranic, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Branislav Seratlic, email@example.com